CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION
- Manuscripts are considered for publication with the understanding that they do not contain previously published material, have not been published previously and are not currently under review at another journal or elsewhere. Conference presentations (including summaries, abstracts and posters) and doctoral (PhD) or master (MSc) theses are exempt but should be acknowledged in the title page.
- The Authors of manuscripts that include illustrations, tables and/or sections of text that have been published previously elsewhere must request permission to reproduce the material from the copyright holder. This permission must be presented in written form during submission of the manuscript. In the absence of such permission, all material received will be regarded as the Authors’ own work.
- All the manuscripts that do not respect the Authors’ Guidelines will be resent to the Author.
- Studies must adhere to the ethical standards established in the The Code of Ethics of the World Medical Association (Declaration of Helsinki) and have to be conducted in accordance with these. Submitted manuscripts should be compatible with the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) Recommendations for the Conduct, Reporting, Editing and Publication of Scholarly Work in Medical Journals and aim for the inclusion of representative human populations (i.e., sex, age and ethnicity) as per those recommendations.
- All animal experiments must follow the ARRIVE guidelines and should be conducted in accordance with the National Research Council’s Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. Authors will have to state this in the Ethics paragraph. The sex of animals must be indicated, and where appropriate, the influence (or association) of sex on the results of the study.
- For the studies involving patients and animals Authors must indicate the name of the approving committee and the approval number or code protocol. Indeed, they must guarantee that the enrolled participants (or who stands in for – e.g., legal guardians, next of kin in case of death, animal owner) signed an informed consent with the awareness of being part of a scientific publication.
Finally, the patients’ names or the needless references related to personal aspects or sensitive data that could reveal the identity of a patient must be omitted from the text and all the iconographic materials.
- The Publisher’s conduct must be in accordance with the ICMJE recommendations about the responsibilities in the submission and peer-review process.
- No fees are required to submit the manuscripts.
Authors publish open access under the terms of the Creative Commons License, type CC BY-NC (Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License).
In order to grant this License, If your paper is accepted, the Author identified as the formal Corresponding Author will receive an email with the Journal Publishing Agreement. The form must be compiled and signed by each Authors of the manuscripts.
Once a manuscript is accepted for publication, each Author must complete and sign a Conflict of Interests disclosure form, which specifies all economic, personal and professional relationships that could become a conflict of interests, that could be perceived as a possible conflict of interests, or that could influence the work of the Author described in the manuscript. All of the declarations will appear after the Acknowledgements section of the article. The editorial office reserves the right to reject any manuscript that does not conform to the above-described instructions. The Authors will be held responsible for any false declarations or noncompliance with the instructions specified above.
The Conflict of Interests disclosure form must be sent, complied and signed, alongside with the Journal Publishing Agreement to the editorial office e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The decision to publish a manuscript is based on a peer-review process, and acceptance of an article will be based on criteria of originality, relevance, and scientific content of the contribution. Papers are rapidly, rigorously and fairly peer reviewed by international experts on our Board of Reviewing Editors and other members of the international community. The review process is transparent in that all review documents are published as supplementary materials to the paper.
Pharmadvances applies a single-blind improved transparent, fair and constructive review process in which both the Authors’ and the reviewers’ identities, gender and affiliations are concealed.
The process is completely objective, that focus remains on the content of the article and the possibility of reviewer bias is eliminated. Reviewer bias may be favorable or unfavorable and could based on the Author’s previous work or country of origin, for example.
To facilitate this, the Authors need to ensure that manuscripts submitted to PharmAdvances are prepared in a way that does not reveal their identity. Reviewers are chosen on the base of their expertise and knowledge on the selected paper topics.
Each paper will be read by at least two referees. Authors may be requested to modify the text based on the comments of reviewers, to which they should respond point by point. If the paper is accepted, the most relevant comments of the reviewers and the Authors responses will be published.
We are committed to publishing papers as quickly as possible, while maintaining scientific excellence and rigor. Final papers are published online ahead of issue publication.
Statements made in the manuscripts are the responsibility of the Author and not of the Editor. The opinions expressed in the articles are those of the Authors and may not reflect the position of the editors.
Note: the guidelines are dedicated to the normal submission of the manuscripts of different typology. For the submission of the abstracts from a specific symposia, committee or similar proceed as follows:
The text should be 500 words not including tables or figures. All the abstracts must be sent only in Word format.
It should be structured in this way:
Authors and affiliations
Only the first letter of authors’ names follows by a dot and the complete surname: L. Rossi, M. Bianchi
The numbers of the affiliations should appear before the single authors’ name and inside the parentheses: (1) L. Rossi, (2) M. Bianchi
Remind that the affiliations should be complete and in English. Please, do not abbreviate anything:
(1) Department of Biomedical Sciences and Human, Oncology, School of Medicine, University of Bari Aldo, Moro, Policlinico, Bari, Italy
Graphics and tables
The Editorial Office usually does not include graphics or tables with the abstracts, but if it would be absolutely necessary the graphics must be in jpeg, png format in high resolution. Instead, the tables should be sent in the file Word (separated from the text).
Moreover, they should be cited in the text like this: (table I) > bold letter and Roman number. Instead, for the graphics: (figure 1).
Give for both a brief caption, for example, in this way: Table I. xxxxxxxxx. or Figure 1. xxxxxxxx.
Please, read the pdf below to know all the details about the requested structure of your manuscript. Many examples are available.